MS in Accountancy Admissions
Admissions information for the MS in Accountancy Program at Boler College of Business
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Full-time professional work experience is not required.
The following documents are required to complete your application for review:
- Application – APPLY TODAY
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Personal Goals Statement – an essay titled, “Graduate business education: Enabling me to achieve my personal goals and become a leader.”
- Current resume.
- At least one letter of recommendation commenting on your academic achievements, managerial capabilities, and potential in a graduate business program. The recommendation letter should be sent to the Boler College of Business Dean’s office accompanied by the Official Recommendation Form.
- Additional requirements for international students may be found here.
Students who apply to the Full-time Boler MBA program are not required to submit GMAT/GRE scores for admission. Students who do submit standardized test scores (GMAT or GRE) however may qualify for Fellowship, Graduate Assistantship, and Scholarship opportunities. There is no code required for the GMAT. The GRE requires code 1342.
A completed application package must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start of the academic term. Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, however, the following dates are recommended as program admission decisions are made on a competitive basis:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Graduate Assistantship Consideration: February 15
- Summer: April 1
The base tuition rate for graduate programs offered by the Boler College of Business is $900 per credit hour.
The base tuition cost of the 30 credit hour MSA program is $27,000.
Additional fees are listed in the John Carroll University Graduate Program Bulletin.
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
JCU 5th Year Scholarship
John Carroll University graduates receive this merit-based award equal to 25% of program tuition. This scholarship is valid for six semesters following graduation if enrolled in the MS in Accountancy program. With this scholarship, the tuition cost of the MSA program is $20,250.
Official scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required for consideration for graduate assistantships and for GMAT-based scholarships. There is no code required for the GMAT. The GRE requires code 1342.
A limited number of graduate and athletic assistantships in both academic and non-academic departments provide a tuition waiver and stipend upon selection. For more information and application instructions, click here.
Additional Scholarship information may be found on the Boler website Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Application for need-based financial aid is distinct from application for program admission. To apply for financial aid, the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the appropriate academic year must be submitted to the Federal Processing Center. Applicants may also qualify for Stafford Loans. You must be accepted to the program before any loan will be awarded for the spring or fall semester, and you must be registered for at least three credit hours per semester to be eligible for the Stafford Loan.
Contact Financial Aid at 216.397.4248 for more information.