Skip to main content

Graduate Forms and Petitions

Need to substitute / waive a course for Boler Graduate requirements?

There might be times when, under special circumstances, a student needs to substitute or waive a course requirement tied to their Boler Graduate Program. Give us the information about the course/requirement, including the required course information, the substitute course information, and the reason a substitution or waiver is needed. After submitting the form, it will be routed to the Assistant Dean and Associate Dean for review and decision. Once the Petition is completed, you will receive notification with the outcome and your next steps.

Graduate Student Academic Petition Form

Ready to learn in your own way and blaze a new path?

You will need to confirm the description, requirements, and method of evaluation of your independent study with the supervising professor. When the details have been nailed out, the independent study form should be sent to the Boler College of Business Dean’s Office for approval.

Independent Study


There might be times when, under special circumstances, a student needs to withdraw from John Carroll University for one semester or longer. When this time comes, students need to complete the withdrawal form and bring it to the Office of Graduate Studies to discuss the process for withdrawal.

Please print the Complete Withdrawal Form, complete the student information section, and bring the form to the Dean’s Office of the Boler College of Business.