Skip to main content

Boler Undergraduate Advising FAQ

This page includes answers to advising questions specific to the Boler College of Business that undergraduate students frequently ask, as well as links to the answers for general advising questions on the College of Arts and Sciences Office of Academic Advising website.

Boler College of Business Advising Questions

What tutoring is available?

Boler tutoring schedules for the current semester may be found here.

Tutoring sessions are typically conducted in Bruening Hall (BR) 47 or in the Library Learning Commons.  Students who have specific questions regarding tutoroing for Boler majors should contact the individual departments.  The Accountancy Department is located on the ground floor of the Boler College, in BR 13.  The Economics and Finance Department is located on the second floor of the Boler College in SB 232. 

What should I take if I want to be a ________ major?
How do I know if I am on the right track to graduate with a business degree?

The best way to see your progress toward graduation is to run your degree evaluation in BannerWeb. Directions are located here.

It will show each requirement for your degree and major and will indicate "Yes" if it is met and "No" if the requirement is not met.

If you did not initially enter JCU in the Boler College of Business, you may apply once you have completed the courses below. The requirements to be admitted are a 2.00 overal GPA and the courses below with a minimum of a C:

  • AC 201 (3 credits)
  • EC 201 (3 credits)
  • MT 130 (3 credits)
  • BPD 201 (0 credits)
Can I take a course over the summer at another school?

You will need a course description from the school where you want to take the course and the Transient Petition form filled out, and by the appropriate department chairperson and your current Dean. When your course is complete transcripts should be sent to the Registrar at John Carroll University. Find forms here.

How do I declare a Business minor, and what are the requirements of the minor?

Information about the Business minor can be found on the Business minor webpage.
A Business minor can be declared any time prior to graduation by completing the online form.

The minor requires 32 credit hours from the following courses:

  • AC 201
  • AC 202
  • BI 100
  • EC 201
  • EC 202
  • EC 210
  • MHR 325 and MK 301
  • Pick one (1): BI 200, SCM 301, or SCM 328
  • Two (2) upper-division electives from one department, excluding MHR 499. FN 312 is suggested.
What are the requirements for the Boler London Program, and how do I apply?

Students apply for the program in March of their freshman year but must have a minimum GPA of 2.70 by the end of August before their sophomore year to be accepted into the program.  All freshmen will receive an e-mail notifying them of the application process, and all other students should check InsideJCU for application details. Students who are accepted for the Boler London Program take some of the following courses while abroad:

  • AC 202 (Accountancy)
  • MK 301 or MHR 325 (Marketing and Management and Human Resources)
  • EGC (Engaging the Global Community)
  • ISJ (Issues in Social Justice)
  • TRS (Theology and Religious Studies)
  • HUM (Humanities)