Emerging Leader MBA
Invest one year. Create countless new opportunities.
Is this MBA Right for Me?
The Emerging Leader MBA program is designed for those transitioning directly from a four-year undergraduate degree or those without a business background. It can be completed in as little as one year, depending upon prior completion of foundational undergraduate business classes.
The first-semester Leadership Lab/Management Skills course calls upon guest business leaders to hone your strategic sense, presentation skills and judgement.
The second-semester Analytics-Driven Business Insights course focuses on critical business decision-making informed by cross-functional quantitative and behavioral tools.
Emerging Leader MBA Highlights
- AACSB Accreditation
- Full-time or Part-time
- Evening classes on our beautiful campus
- 33 credit hours
- GMAT/GRE (Optional)
- Experiential projects
- Jesuit MBA network
Business Complexity Meets Social Responsibility
The Emerging Leader MBA encourages a problem-based or case-method, allowing students to walk around the business problems presented and to consider the “case” from varied perspectives. You will:
- gain skills in critical thinking and communication.
- learn to discuss both the “how” and “why” of business.
- exercise an administrative point of view and develop decision-making frameworks.
- experience yourself within a group dynamic, and account for interpersonal factors such as trust, respect, and risk-taking.
Master the Boler MBA Mindsets
- Ethical Mindset: learn to distinguish between what’s legal and what’s right.
- Systems Mindset: learn to see patterns in markets, customer behaviors, and supply chain irregularities.
- Innovation Mindset: learn what makes entrepreneurs entrepreneurial.
- Dynamic Mindset: learn to see the opportunity present in every market disruption and new set of data.
Why a Jesuit MBA?
Are you considering an MBA simply to boost salary or do you also want to pursue an inspired life? Backed by a 500-year-old Jesuit tradition, a Boler MBA program asks every student, regardless of faith, to gain a 360-degree view of people, markets, resources and embrace an “eyes wide open” encounter with the world. As a Boler graduate, you will connect business to human needs and opportunities. You will drive meaningful innovation and create just and sustainable value.
Program Learning Goals
The Emerging Leader MBA program is designed to develop the skill sets necessary for graduates to be successful in a variety of management situations. Specifically, the program is designed so that students will demonstrate:
- Managerial level knowledge of the functional areas of business
- The application of analytical and quantitative techniques to solving business problems
- Effective influential communication skills for oral presentations and written communication
- Effective leadership of self and others in problem solving situations
- The evaluation of the ethical dimensions of business problems and the application of an ethical framework while solving business problems
- The application of multiple aspects of social responsibility in solving business problems
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GRADUATE PROGRAMS CONTACT:
We would like to speak with you directly about your interest in the Boler Emerging Leader MBA program. We invite you to contact us to discuss the program and whether it’s the best fit for your goals and current career/life situation.
Telephone: (216) 397-1970
Boler Emerging Leader MBA At A Glance
DELIVERY: Evenings (Monday - Thursday courses)
CREDITS: 33-credit hour program (45 if all business foundation courses are required)
TIME FRAME: May be completed in one year (summer included)
TESTING: GMAT or GRE are not required for admissions; required for certain assistantship and scholarship consideration
Fall: August 1
Spring: December 1
Assistantships: February 15
Summer: April 1
TUITION (RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT): $31,350 (base, subject to change)
SCHOLARSHIPS: Boler Dean's Award, Magis, and Presidential
ASSISTANTSHIPS: Limited number (tuition waiver up to 15 credit hours per year and stipend) - February 15 Application Deadline
EMPLOYER REIMBURSEMENT: Accepted
DEGREE CONFERRED: Master of Business Administration
ACCREDITATION: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Boler College of Business holds dual AACSB accreditation (school and accounting program), placing it among only 4 percent of business schools worldwide.
Boler Emerging Leader MBA Curriculum
Our 33 credit hour program (45 if all business foundation courses are required) can be completed in only one year if attending full time. The course schedule for the Emerging Leader MBA program (excluding the business foundation courses) is as follows:
|First||Fall||Inspired Business Forum||0|
|Fall||Leadership Lab and Management Skills||3|
|Spring||Analytics-Driven Business Insights||3|
|Spring||Elective Course 1||3|
|Spring||Elective Course 2||3|
|Summer||Ethics and Business Social Responsibility||3|
|Summer||Supply Chain and Operations Management||3|
|Summer||Corporate Strategic Management||3|
Students must complete two elective courses; one global elective is recommended.
To view the Emerging Leader MBA Curriculum by semester please click here.
Boler Emerging Leader MBA Admissions
Information about admissions into the Boler Emerging Leader MBA program may be found on the Boler website Full-Time MBA Admissions.
Boler College of Business is an essential source of talent, economic investment and ideas for Cleveland and Northeast Ohio. Alumni, faculty and corporate partners continue to renew that partnership in various industries like biomedicine, social innovation and manufacturing.