Find Purpose in a Community of Difference Makers
Is this MBA Right for Me?
The Boler Part-Time MBA, designed primarily for those with two or more years of meaningful work experience, builds around core courses (19 credit hours) that focus on critical business decisions. Update your skill set with cross-functional quantitative and behavioral tools. Gain first-hand contact with business leaders and situations to hone your strategic sense, presentation skills and judgement.
Part-Time MBA Highlights
- AACSB Accreditation
- 33 credit hours
- GMAT or GRE
- Cohort Model
- Faculty/Executive Teams
- Leadership Sequence
- Jesuit MBA network
Business Complexity Meets Social Responsibility
The Boler Part-Time MBA emphasizes socially responsible leadership to solve complex business decisions. You will:
- Bond with 20-30 like-minded professional peers.
- Gain confidence as a senior manager with our Boler Leadership Sequence.
- Connect with Cleveland’s emerging business innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Enjoy live projects and team-taught core courses with deep involvement and mentoring from seasoned business executives.
Master the Boler MBA Mindsets
- Ethical Mindset: learn to distinguish between what’s legal and what’s right.
- Systems Mindset: learn to see patterns in markets, customer behaviors, and supply chain irregularities.
- Innovation Mindset: learn what makes entrepreneurs entrepreneurial.
- Dynamic Mindset: learn to see the opportunity present in every market disruption and new set of data.
Why a Jesuit MBA?
Are you considering an MBA simply to boost salary or do you also want to pursue an inspired life? Backed by a 500-year-old Jesuit tradition, a Boler MBA asks every student, regardless of faith, to gain a 360-degree view of people, markets, resources and embrace an “eyes wide open” encounter with the world. As a Boler graduate, you will connect business to human needs and opportunities. You will drive meaningful innovation and create just and sustainable value.
Program Learning Goals
1. Our students will know the functional areas of the business disciplines.
2. Our students will effectively communicate ideas and plans.
3. Our students will be able to define a problem based on ambiguous information and identify a set of tasks necessary to develop an effective solution.
4. Our students will identify the ethical and social responsibility dimensions of business problems.
5. Our students will identify and develop resources (e.g., financial, human, distribution, technology, brand) to create an effective strategy for the future of an organization.
The Boler School of Business alumni network includes more than 740 corporate presidents and Chief Executive Officers.
Recent C-Level Visits
Delos (Toby) Cosgrove, MD former CEO
based in Cleveland Ohio
Cathy Bellante, CFO
global events technology provider, Eighth Day Sound Systems Inc.
based in Highland Heights, Ohio.
Mark T. Smucker, fifth-generation president and CEO
120-year-old food maker, J.M. Smucker Co.
based in Orrville, Ohio.
Robert M. Patterson chairman, president and CEO
PolyOne Corporation, the world’s premier provider of specialty polymer materials
based in Avon Lake, Ohio
Tricia Griffith, President and CEO
based in Cleveland, Ohio
Richard J. Kramer, Chairman, President and CEO
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
based in Akron, Ohio
Michael N. Parks, Regional CEO
the American Red Cross of Northeast Ohio
based in Cleveland.
David Lingafelter, CEO
based in Cleveland Ohio
Read an Alumni Success Story
Working in Boler Connects Graduate Assistant With Purpose
Ariana Carver was a driven professional searching for the right career path. Between her graduate assistantship at John Carroll and internship experience at Eaton Corporation, she feels confident and prepared as she starts her career in human resources.Read Full Story
We would like to speak with you directly about your interest in the Boler Part-Time MBA. Kristopher Tibbs (MBA) Assistant Dean for Graduate Business Programs is available to discuss the program and whether it’s a right fit for your goals and current career/life situation.
Boler Part-Time MBA At A Glance
DELIVERY: Evenings (M/W and T/TH courses)
CREDITS: 33-credit hour program (45 if all Foundation Courses required)
TIME FRAME: Two-to-three years (summers included)
Testing: GMAT or GRE (waivers upon approval)
Fall: August 1
Spring: December 1
Assistantships: February 15
Summer: April 1
TUITION (RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT): $31,350 (base, subject to change)
Scholarships: Graduate Boler Magis, Presidential, and Ignatian Scholarships
Assistantships: Limited number (tuition waiver up to 15 credit hours per year and stipend) - February 15 Application Deadline
Employer Reimbursement: Accepted
DEGREE CONFERRED: Master of Business Administration
Accreditation: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Boler College of Business holds dual AACSB accreditation (school and accounting program), placing it among only 4 percent of business schools worldwide.
Jesuit MBA network: JEBNET, the network of Jesuit MBA programs, linking 25 AACSB-accredited Jesuit colleges and universities by means of an articulation agreement
Boler Part-Time MBA Curriculum
Our 33-credit hour program (45 if all Foundation Courses are required) is designed to be completed in two to three years. The course schedule for the MBA program (excluding the MBA Foundation Courses and Elective Courses) is as follows:
|First||Fall||Inspired Business Forum||0|
|Fall||Opportunity Identification & Innovation||2|
|Spring||Organizational and Team Leadership||1|
|Summer||Elective Course 1||3|
|Fall||Executive Communication and Trust||1|
|Fall||Implementation & Key Performance Assessment||3|
|Spring||Elective Course 2||3|
|Summer||Corporate Social Responsibility||3|
Students must complete two elective courses; one global elective is recommended.
To view the Part-Time Boler MBA Curriculum by semester please click here.
Boler Part-Time MBA Admissions
Information about admissions into the Boler Part-Time MBA program may be found on the Boler website Part-Time MBA Admissions.