Boler College of Business Core Curriculum
Business Analysis using Microsoft Excel—BI 100
Applied Calculus—MT 130
Accounting Principles—AC 201-202
Principles of Economics—EC 201-202
Business Analytics and Statistics—EC 210
Business Communications—EN 251
Data-Driven Decision Making—BI 200
Human Resource Management—MHR 352
Supply Chain and Operations Management—SCM 301
Business Finance—FN 312
Marketing Principles—MK 301
The legal environment/business law requirement diﬀers by major. MHR 461 or MHR 463
Strategic Management or capstone class in Economics: MHR 499 is required for all students seeking the B.S.B.A. Economics majors seeking the B.S.E. take EC 499A and EC 499B
Completion of the Boler Professional Development Program:
BPD 102: Self Discovery, Awareness, & Planning (spring ﬁrst year)
- Understanding the principles of expectations management, and online branding.
BPD 201: Build and Develop Professional Skills I (fall sophomore year)
- Learning the tools and skills essential for professional success; improving skills with communication etiquette, networking, resume writing, and ﬁnding an internship.
BPD 202: Build and Develop Professional Skills II (spring sophomore year)
- Continue to develop the essential skills for interviewing, LinkedIn, resume writing, and professional conduct.
BPD 301: Real World Professional Skills (fall junior year)
- Begin to put professional skills into practice; dining etiquette, building a professional network, and behavior-based interviewing.
BPD 302: Real World Professional Skills II (spring junior year)
- Experienced professionals share their stories of success, overcoming adversity, and learn to better leverage professional abilities.
BPD 401: Find Your Professional Edge I (fall senior year)
- Revisit cover letters and resumes; learn how to negotiate an oﬀer and how to successfully handle criticism, feedback, and praise.
BPD 490: Professional Experience
- A formal Pre-approved internship required by many Boler College of Business majors